This is a complete bibliography of books and journals
in Home Economics Archive: Research, Tradition, History, organized by both author and title or by publication year:
Journal Title List
- A treatise on adulterations of food, and culinary poisons: exhibiting the fraudulent sophistications of bread, beer, wine, spirituous liquors, tea, coffee, cream, confectionery, vinegar, mustard, pepper, cheese, olive oil, pickles, and other articles employed in domestic economy : and methods of detecting them Accum, Friedrich Christian. London : Sold by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1820.
- The art of rearing silk-worms Dandolo, Vincenzo, (as conte,). London : J. Murray, 1825.
- The child at home: or the principles of filial duty familiarly illustrated Abbott, John S. C; American Tract Society. New York : The American Tract Society, [c1833]
- A dictionary of diet: being a practical treatise on all pabulary and nutritive substances, solid and fluid with their compounds, used as food; including the observations of eminent philosophers, physicians, gastronomers, and other industrious inquirers into the true science of eating, drinking and preserving health, through the medium of well regulated and easily digestible food, founded on the known specific properties of all kinds of human ailment : with the means of prevention and cure of the diseases resulting from a deranged condition of the organs of digestion, etc., etc Forsyth, J. S. London : John Churchill, 1834.
- The family nurse, or, Companion of the frugal housewife Child, Lydia Maria. London : Richard Bentley ..., 1837.
- A treatise on diet: with a view to establish, on practical grounds, a system of rules for the prevention and cure of the diseases incident to a disordered state of the digestive functions Paris, John Ayrton. London : Sherwood, Gilbert, & Piper, 1837.
- The workwoman's guide: containing instructions to the inexperienced in cutting out and completing those articles of wearing apparel, &c. which are ususally made at home : also, explanations on upholstery, straw-platting, bonnet-making, knitting, &c Hale, Sarah Josepha Buell. London : Simpkin, Marshall and Co. ..., 1838
- The young lady's friend Farrar, John, (as Mrs.,). Boston : John B. Russell, 1838.
Albert R. Mann Library. 2003. Home Economics Archive: Research, Tradition
and History (HEARTH). Ithaca, NY: Albert R. Mann Library, Cornell University.
http://hearth.library.cornell.edu (Version January 2003).
© 2003 Cornell University Library.
Questions? Comments? Please contact us.
(Back to top of page.)